Yesterday, that is.
Right after I posted to the blog yesterday morning, I got into the car to drive into town and get the groceries. I stopped at the little ATM drive-thru at the edge of town there, but the ATM was temporarily out-of-service.
What I was able to do, though, was somehow gouge the fuck out of my rear tire. I drove about 1/8th of a mile from the ATM, when I heard something not at all pleasant coming from the back end of the car. I pulled over, got out, and lo & behold, a very flat tire.
So then I had to wait for roadside assistance to come change the tire. (Yes! I was a mere 5 minutes from my house…)
But here are some good things about that:
- It was a gorgeous day!!
- My phone service had been going in & out all morning, but after a feverish prayer to the god of cellphone service, on my second attempt to call roadside assistance, the phone came back on and stayed on the rest of the day
- I don’t have to pay for roadside assistance, it comes with my Honda lease
- Basically everyone who passed me on the road stopped and asked it I needed any help, which was so nice
- I saw a bald eagle land in the field across from me, and then take off again, and those wings are incredibly HUGE. It was breathtaking!!
- The guy from the roadside assistance came in 20 minutes!!
- The guy was really nice!
- My Honda comes with a great spare tire because it is brand-new
- I drove straight to the town where the Honda dealership is once the tire was changed, before going to get the groceries, and they had the tire I needed, I could afford the tire I needed without having to put it on a credit card, and they were able to take me right away without an appointment
- I hung out in the Honda waiting room and played around on Instagram until they finished changing my tire (behaving not as if I will be 60 next week, but as if I am still 12!!) (Yay!!)
- Last but not least, this was my view while I waited for roadside assistance:
It was definitely not a bad day.
The only thing I sort of regret is that, by the time I was able to get to the grocery store, I was really hungry so I bought all kinds of cool stuff that I never buy!!
For instance: organic grilled veggie pizza that I will eat in its entirety all by myself; many assorted non-GMO, organic, salty, not-at-all-fat-free snacks; and high-protein, low-fat mint chocolate chip ice cream bars!!
And the entire time that I was putting all these no-no’s into my shopping cart (“no-no’s” only because I live alone so I will eat all of this stuff all by myself), I kept reminding myself not to worry; that I have a treadmill now!! (And all I need is for that special treadmill-belt-lube to arrive, so that I can feel motivated to actually assemble the treadmill and — you know — use it.)
So there we go!! A perfect day!! (And to be honest, it wasn’t until I opened the cupboard this morning to get out my non-GMO, organic flax & pumpkin seed granola (that fools my body into thinking it is not post-menopausal but is, in fact, way, way, way pre-menopausal), that I saw all those happy snacks awaiting me!! And I got super happy myself!!
Oh, and when I finally got back from town, that set of stoneware appetizer dishes all covered in flowers that I had ordered the other day, had arrived! And they are really pretty. (Of course, it’s sort of sad that I will never ever ever use them!!)
But, anyway — they’re mine.
All righty. So I got nothing done yesterday at my desk. However. Today, I want to do a straight read-thru of The Guitar Hero Goes Home, to see how it reads from start to finish now. (Plus, it looks like M. Christian and Ralph Greco, Jr. are willing to blurb it and/or review it!!!)
Then I am going to toy around with a short flash fiction/memoir type piece for submission to an upcoming anthology. Then, get back to work, finally, on Thug Luckless: Welcome to P-Town.
So that’s my day!! (First, I’m gonna finish the laundry, though. So, you can see –life is just super exciting!)
All righty. Another gorgeous day here in Crazeysburg. I am gonna get at it. I hope you have a terrific Tuesday, wherever you are in the world. Thanks for visiting, gang. Today, I leave you with a Rock & Roll Hall of Fame video from 2012 — a tribute to George Harrison, that includes Tom Petty and Jeff Lynne in truly fine voice (two of the Traveling Wilbury’s, btw, which included George, Roy Orbison, and Bob Dylan); the tribute here also includes George’s son, Dhani. But hold out for Prince’s guitar solo, gang! It comes in at the 3:20 mark on the video and lasts about 3 minutes. It is truly an awesome guitar solo. Just so much love in it.
The whole piece is just really joyous! “While My Guitar Gently Weeps.”
Okay, so listen and enjoy. And have a great day. I love you guys. See ya.